Winter may be a weather that is enjoyable but when it comes to taking a toll on skin and hair it can do some serious damage, which is why it is important to take care of it in this season. Following are five of the essential tips one needs to know when it comes to caring for the Hair!
1. Keep the frizzy hair under control by ensuring that the level of humidity is under control. Just like in the summer season, hair begins to stick down to the roots because of the excessive sweating, in the winter it eventually stands upright because of the cold season. Therefore it is important to maintain a balance of humidity to ensure that even after being set the hair does not look out of place and too dry.
2. It is perfectly okay to wear a warm and cozy looking woolen hat in the winter; it is this hat that allows the humidity in your hair to be retained and even to keep under check any possible fuzziness at play. However some women avoid wearing hats because of the imprint it leaves on the hair, to avoid this they can roll their hair up into a bun and then cover it with a hat.
3. No matter what season it is always important to ensure that the tips of the hair do not have split ends, these results in the hair becoming immensely dry and falling off if they are not taken for regular trims.
4. Wash your hair as little as possible; washing the hair too much in the winter results in their original moisture content to be wavered off leaving them particularly dry and difficult to handle. The minimum times hair is washed, more likely is it to stay silky and in its place.
5. And if you do wash it a little more than required then the best thing that can be done is to ensure that the hair is well conditioned so whatever moisture has been lost can be regained as much as possible if not all.